The purpose of this guide is to provide you with a resolution to address the following certificate errors within VMware Horizon with valid certs exists.
- Server’s certificate is not trusted
- Server’s certificate cannot be checked
- View Administration dashboard displays Connection Server in red status.
- View Administration dashboard displays Security Server in red status.
- Clicking Connection Server in View Administration displays this error:
- Connection Server certificate is not trusted
This issue occurs if the Certificate Revocation List (CRL) includes a URL that cannot be accessed from the Connection Server paired to the Security Server.
Ensure that the Connection Servers that are paired with Security Servers are able to check the URL in the Certificate Revocation List (CRL), if your environment includes a proxy server that controls Internet access.
To implement a workaround, create the following registry key string for all connection servers.
Note: This procedure modifies the Windows registry. Before making any registry modifications, ensure that you have a current and valid backup of the registry and the virtual machine.
- Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Security\in the View Connection Server.Caution: Ensure that you make changes in the Connection Server and not the Security Server.
- Create the
(REG_SZ)and set its value to
1. As shown in the image below.
Note: Reboot is not required to make this change take effect.
- Navigate to
I hope this guide provides you with resolution to address VMware Horizon Connection Server certificate is not trusted when having valid Connection Server certificates. To view the official article from VMware, click here
If you have any questions or comments please leave them below!